People grieve as they find most understandable to their soul.
- Some people loose a loved one and go insane. As in, madness.
- Some live in shock while they wonder if they are next in line.
- Some disassociate without meaning to.
- Some wail and wail when they hear the news, pour ashes on their head, wail some more for a few hours, and that’s it.
- Some mourn silently for years unending.
- Some trap themselves in the “what ifs” and “could haves”.
- Some carry memories of the person as a burden in their heart until their own demise.
- Some hope for a reincarnation free of vengeance.
- Some learn from the dead and change their own life/lifestyle.
- Some give thanks for the gift of life and pray for the dead.
I once heard people complain that a widow did not shed enough tears when she lost her husband. That was what concerned them in the moment.
Welcome those who want to measure the length and color of your tears 😭 And whatever else you do, do not let the world dictate how you mourn and honor the memory of your beloved.
May your choices lead to life and healing ❤️🩹🙏🏾